Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Going Green!

Part of why I like crafting and what I hope to do in more of my crafting adventures is to re-purpose and recycle materials. I was super excited when my boyfriend had to come up with and build something environmentally friendly for a major class project. I wish he didn't have as many group members because I would have totally helped. So what did the boyfriend build?

A SOLAR WATER HEATER!!! How awesome is that? They did buy some of the materials, but a lot of what they used were "throw aways" from a house remodel!!! There are so many amazing things one can build and by using recycled products you can make them at almost no cost! You win, Mother Earth wins, and maybe our children will have land to play on that isn't over garbage, so they win too!

Here's the video they will be using as proof that their solar water heater works for their presentation on Thursday!



I could use some of that water for a cup of tea right now! Too bad it's overcast and raining!

P.S. My man is the hunk behind the camera and if you follow the voice he makes an appearance in a grey and black stripped long sleeve! Cutie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment