Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cake Toppers!

I have become obsessed with CAKE TOPPERS... Mainly because I love everything wedding lovely and everything vintage. When you combined the two I want to cry. Who wouldn't want a dainty, hand painted, fragile lovely on top of their cake? Of course we all do. However, I think I became addicted to cake toppers because I was looking for the perfect one. I NEED a brunette groom and a brown/blonde bride. I just want to play with them... I don't want to save it for when I get married... That would be sillly.... ANYWAYS... Also, they are reasonably priced and if you have gotten married, getting married, or obsessed with wedding stuff like me, you know if you ask about WEDDING PRICES, things seem to be x10. You're having a party okay $100 bucks, "oh, you're getting married I WANT YOUR SOUL." Sound familiar? But with vintage wedding toppers you can find an assortment of pretty little couples and hey, they may need some revamping, but all in all, they are perfect little treasures to put on a cake. Don't believe me? Check out these cuties! Who cares if they were Frances and Bernies 40th wedding anniversary mementos! They would look fantastic on a three tiered cake! Or ten tiers, however you roll.

Get the above beauty here: 23 Burton Avenue

While vintage is always something I am drawn to, there is nothing like a personalized pair of mini you's. We are all narcissistic! These next creations can be a little pricey, but you are getting QUALITY WORK and not QUANTITY of something ten million other brides already had on their cake! I particularly like these because I could never replicate these at home. I think I am talented, I dabble in paints, but really, these take REAL talent. The perfect little noses and lips. Oh and the details on their outfits! I die!


Made to order gems can be ordered here: Dandelionland

For all the people I offended when I said we are all narcissistic and you are thinking, I'm original, I'm unique, but I don't want a mini me... CERAMIC WONDERS! I almost cried when I found these amazing cake toppers! I lovingly call my boyfriend a giraffe because he is a giant compared to me and he is covered in beautiful little spots, I mean moles, hahaha. And I am in love with Unicorns! I literally wanted to buy one, but not even being engaged, I might be committed. BUT, for all you wonderful engaged lovely's out there! Melabo has lots of creatures to choose from and even human forms now, if you want to be "normal" and less animalistic. I prefer her creative mutated beast couples :)

The unique ceramic couple can be found here: Melabo

Think I'm crazy yet?

P.S. I LOVE ETSY. Join the club!

No comments:

Post a Comment